Golf Rules & Regulations
Last updated on: 06 September 2021
- The rules of the game of golf shall be those currently adopted by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (R&A) and the United States Golf Association (USGA).
- Local rules shall be printed on the scorecard and changes shall be posted on the golf notice board from time to time.
- The Management may, at its absolute discretion, delegate any of its powers relating to the use of the Golf Courses to such person(s) or committee(s), as the Management shall deem fit.
- The Management shall be authorised to vary the control of play and the starting times regulated by a time sheet, whenever necessary.
- Golfers with valid handicap may use the Golf Courses on such days and times as the Management may decide and upon such terms as the Management shall determine.
- Members and guests are required to purchase golf insurance coverage against third (3rd) party liability, personal injury, damage and/or loss of personal effects.
- Members must produce their Membership cards to the Registration Clerk upon registration.
- Members and guests must produce their identification tags when requested to do so by an employee of the Club or any other person(s) authorised by the Club.
- The Management may at any time reserve or close the whole or part of the Golf Courses for any reason whatsoever.
- All golfers must have a valid handicap before they are allowed to play, unless permitted by Management.
- Sharing of golf Clubs is prohibited.
- An official golf identification tag shall be displayed by all Members whilst on the Golf Course. The tag should be displayed In a prominent part of the golf bag and shall be available for inspection upon request by the Management, Starters, Course Marshals, and/or other such authorised personnel.
- Visitors from Clubs with reciprocal arrangements and duly authorised non-members/guest(s) whilst on the Golf Course must each display clearly and appropriately visitor’s tag as in By-Law 2.2.1.
ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY
- Golfers without a valid handicap or whose handicap is above 24 (men) and 36 (ladies) shall not be entitled to play on KLGCC.
- Subject to the provision of By-Laws 2.3.1 all guest(s) must produce a valid handicap card/certificate before commencing play at the Golf Course.